Chief of Department 1st Assistant Chief
Kenneth Schulz Elizabeth Ferry
2nd Assistant Chief Captain
Michael Cribben William Bergner
Lieutenant EMS Captain
Kevin Cribben Eric Yaple
The Wood-Ridge Fire Department has been providing fire and rescue services to the Borough of Wood-Ridge and surrounding communities since 1897. Approximately 50 volunteers provide this service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from Fire Headquarters located at 85 Humboldt Street.
The department is lead by Chief of Department Ronald Phillips, Jr. with the assistance of First Assistant Chief Kenneth Schulz and Second Assistant Chief Elizabeth Ferry.
History of the Fire Department & Emergency Squad
Organized on July 19, 1897, the Wood-Ridge Volunteer Fire Department has proudly served the Borough of Wood-Ridge for 108 years. From its inception with a hook and a ladder and its long string of buckets hanging underneath, the Wood-Ridge Fire Department now operates three engines, an aerial ladder, a heavy rescue truck and two ambulances.
The current roster stands at forty firefighters, all who attend extensive training in firefighting and emergency medical services. Fire department members, along with fire prevention bureau inspectors, conduct fire safety public education programs for the schools and civic organizations.
The Ladies Auxiliary is a volunteer organization that provides support to the fire department and community during emergency related events. The 15 members provide support by aiding at long term fire alarms with refreshments and any service that might be needed with help at a location.
For additional information, please visit the Wood-Ridge Fire Department website.